Demons endure tough tussle against Eagles


Port MacDonnell and Hatherleigh had a great tough hit out at the Bay with Hatherleigh coming away with the win. 

The Demons started off well with a first quarter score of 8-10 to Hatherleigh. 

It was a hot day but that did not stop Michelle Moore from working hard through the centre against a tough opponent in Sarah Faulkner. 

Hatherleigh lifted in the second quarter getting a lead of 10 goals at half-time. 

Maddie Redman got her hands to many balls and plenty of strong rebounds. 

Port Mac came back in the third quarter but it was not quite enough, with young Lucie Whitworth sticking tight to Tegan Merrett. 

Hatherleigh registered a solid last quarter outscoring Port Mac 17-6, with the Bay’s  Morgan Amy getting plenty of touches and turnovers. 

Hatherleigh took the win but not without a fight from the Bay. 


Glencoe started with another new line up with Caitlin Hentschke still on the sidelines with a calf injury. 

This saw Glencoe give another one of their juniors Jorja Mitchell a go in the senior ranks and she surely did not disappoint. 

Mitchell and Emily Thompson combined well in the goal circle and were well supported by Ashlea Edwards and Donna Jaeschke. 

Thompson struggled with accuracy early on and Kongorong’s Riley Buckingham and Emily Lightbody contested well for the rebounds. 

Meanwhile at the other end of the court Glencoe’s Sarah Edwards and Bec Edwards played the space well and made it hard for Kongorong’s Sam Fox and Sarah Beare to have any clear options. 

When Kongorong was able to get the ball to the post Emalee Stokker and Ella McIntyre shot well, only missing one for three for the first half. 

Glencoe went into the main break with a 17 goal lead. 

Both teams made changes at half time changing their centre in the warm conditions. 

Kongorong’s Stokker came out to goal attack to try and create some more drive for the Hawks through the middle, her positive talk on court lifted the team and they started with the first three goals for the quarter. 

Edwards and Chelsea Owen read the ball well as it came into the centre third and took many timely interceptions. 

Glencoe went into the last 21 goals up. 

Kongorong again made several changes going into the last, with Fox going back to the wing and Ella Buckingham in the centre, unfortunately these changes did not work to  their advantage. 

Jaeschke had a great game in centre against all her opponents and created lots of turnovers for her team, which allowed Thompson to score 17 in the last. 

Glencoe finished with the points 65-26. 


In sunny conditions, Robe started the match strong with the defensive combination of Alanna Campbell and Georgia  Perkins causing some early turnovers. 

Mikaila Pitt utilised her height advantage  over Robe’s Asha Pettit and created some scor- ing opportunities for Kalangadoo with Abbey  Duncan making the most of these down the  other end, scoring 12 goals for the quarter put- ting Kalangadoo ahead by six at quarter time. 

Both teams remained unchanged during the second quarter with much of the quarter going goal for goal with Keryn Moore running hard for Robe, feeding her goalies Kimberley Austin and Sarah Laurie accurately. 

Perkins and Kalangadoo’s Kori Collins had a tight contest with Perkins making Collins earn every pos- session. 

Kalangadoo went into the main break  with an eight goal lead. 

Robe brought Halle Cater into goal attack and moved Sarah Laurie into goal shooter for the third quarter with Kalangadoo also making some changes switching the defensive combination of Pitt and Chelsea Croser. 

 Jessica Carter replaced Moore in centre for Robe for the final quarter as Kalangadoo stepped up its defence which forced some wayward passing by Robe, making it hard for the  Robe goalies to get many opportunities, scoring just four goals for the quarter. 

 Kalangadoo finished the game strong defeat- ing Robe 54 goals to 28. 


The first quarter started evenly with both teams going goal for goal, before  Mount Burr started to create turn- overs all over the court. 

Mount Burr’s goal shooter Ebony Clark led the way finishing off well for her side. 

Mount Burr went into the first break leading 18-12. 

Neither team made any changes head- ing into the second quarter, with Mount  Burr coming out firing right from the first centre pass. 

Mount Burr centre Heidi Clark and wing defence Ann Guyett put pressure on every pass and took numerous intercepts before the ball entered Nangwarry’s goal third. 

Mount Burr’s goal attack Sara Nulty also worked hard in turning the ball with great defence and became the main focus in the circle shooting strongly. 

The new combination in Mount Burr’s defence of goal defence Madi Haggett and keeper Mackenzie Bevan combined well  and limited Nangwarry’s goalies opportu- nities to score. 

 This showed on the score sheet, with Mount Burr dominating the quarter 21-7. 

Mount Burr kept the same line up in the third quarter, while Nangwarry’s Crystal Lock came off the bench into wing defence and Taysha James into wing  defence, while Hayley Burner went from centre to wing attack and Ebony Lawson into centre. 

Mount Burr again started the third quarter strongly, picking up any loose ball Nangwarry created and Mount Burr’s wing attack Laura Schultz was driving hard to the ball and positioning well on the circle, feeding Nulty and Clarke with strong passing. 

Mount Burr again dominated in the circle with Nulty and Clark combining well and shooting at a high percentage. 

This led to Mount Burr winning the quarter 21-11. 

In a bid to shake things up a bit Nangwarry changed their goalies with Cassie Dinnison swapping from goal shooter to goal attack and Angela Pratt going into shooter. 

Nangwarry’s wing attack Hayley Burner provided good options, driving well to the circle and feeding her goalies well. 

Strong rebounding from Mount Burr’s defence helped the team to come away with a convincing win. 

- Buying, renting or selling? Don't go past -