Dominant quarter secures Glencoe victory


The first quarter of Port MacDonnell and Glencoe’s clash was close, with the former down by three at first-quarter time.

Glencoe started strong with Caitlin Hentschke scoring all 12 goals for the quarter making it hard for the bay defenders to stop.

The third quarter saw Hentschke shooting all 10 goals to Port Mac’s seven.

 Coming into the last quarter, Glencoe dominated 16 goals to Port Mac’s three.

Glencoe  worked hard in the last quarter.

Unfortunately, the bay could not produce, although Demons Centre Michelle Moore worked hard all game, contesting with Glencoe’s Donna Jaescke.

Port MacDonnell’s Lisa McGregor celebrated her 200th game for the club.


Ebony Clark continued her good form for Mount Burr and made the most of her scoring opportunities.

The team’s  defence was working hard to create turnovers only to see Kongorong’s defensive line in  Riley Buckingham, Ella McIntyre and Emily Lightbody do the same.

Neither team managed to settle and take control at the first break, however, Mount Burr led by seven due to their shooting accuracy.

Mount Burr came out much stronger early  in the second, with Clark and Sarah Nulty continuing to reward the defensive effort with their  shooting accuracy.

Madi Haggett (GK) and Heidi Clark (GD) were almost impenetrable in defence for the Burr, making it difficult for Kongorong goalies Emalee Stokker and Georgia Bald.

Kongorong continued to pressure Mount Burr’s Laura Schultz and Ava Muhovics down the court, but the speed of the Mount Burr fleet had them struggling to keep pace.

Kongorong swung some positional changes, but Mt Burr refused to give an inch, going on a scoring rampage.

Heidi Clark was mean in defence with nothing getting past her, ably backed up by Madi Haggett and McKenzie Bevan.

Mount Burr broke Kongorong’s spirit in the third quarter, winning all positions and only allowing the Hawks to score once.

Mount Burr went into the break on 53 to Kongorong’s eight.

Mount Burr kept up their intensity, which proved to be too much for the young Kongorong team who could not match their opponents.

The final score was Mount Burr 71-10 Kongorong.


The Tigers started the game with the first centre pass, however, it resulted  in a missed shot.

Robe was able to convert and began the game with the upper hand,  with shooter Tori Gluyas starting the game  strong and shooting with accuracy for her side.

The Tigers began to find their rhythm with some new combinations out on court and went into the first break with a three-goal lead, 14-11.

In the second quarter, both sides came out firing.

Emma Gould found her range in the goal circle and shot 14 for the quarter with some accurate feeds from Casey Walker and Victoria Lucas.

Down the other end was a similar story – Sarah Laurie was able to find some space and shot accurately to keep her side in the contest.

There was also a tight tussle through the middle between Lucas and Kerryn Moore, but it was Lucas who helped her side put pressure on the ball to cause unforced errors in Robe’s attack line.

The Tigers increased their lead to five, going into half time 32-27.

Tantanoola’s defensive third started the third quarter strongly with GD Georgia Clarke and GK Kate Bromley combining well to claim a couple of turnovers early and converting on the scoreboard down the other end.

Unable to run on with the momentum, Robe lifted its defensive intensity to peg a couple back.

Robe defenders Georgia Perkins and Alanna Campbell made Casey and Jami Walker work hard for every possession.

The quarter ended with Tantanoola on 46 and Robe on 41.

In the final quarter, Robe threw everything at Tantanoola, but the latter side kept their composure and worked the ball down the court  with patience and precise passing.

C Walker and Vic Lucas stood tall for Tantanoola, taking control of the game.

In the end Tantanoola were able to pull away a couple more goals ending the game up by seven in what was a closely fought match.

The final score was 62-55.


With both teams sporting blue MND socks for MND round, the game between Nangwarry and Hatherleigh started as an even match-up.

Both teams gained intercepts and looked to convert.

Lacey Haines took a couple minutes to warm up with good defensive pressure from Hayley Vanderhorst and Carly Ploenges.

With Cassie Dinnison away Kylie Heaver was back in goals having returned from injury.

Plenty of rebound opportunities slipped away from Nangwarry in the last half of the quarter, leaving them 14 down at quarter time.

The second quarter saw Maddie Redman come off with young Elly Reddan taking her place in defence.

Hatherleigh came out strong and picked up its defensive pressure over the court, with Nangwarry succumbing to it at the start of the quarter.

However, Nangwarry fought back having its biggest quarter of 13 goals, 10 of which to Ange Ploenges.

With Haines coming off, Redman returned to the court in GS and Maddie  Pulmer moved to GA.

Hatherleigh continued to show strength over the whole court.

 Hayley Burner took over as coach for the day in Dinnisons’ absence and was a clear  leader in direction for Nangwarry.

Both teams continued with the same positions into the last quarter.

Nangwarry  struggled to keep up with a still strong performing Hatherleigh, who finished up with  a 56 point win.

- Buying, renting or selling? Don't go past -