Mozzies put up gallant fight against Magpies

Round 12 of the Mid South East Netball  Association was played over the weekend with an inform Mount Burr taking  on Kalangadoo with Heidi Clark celebrating her 100-game milestone for the Mozzies.

Kalangadoo took advantage of turnovers in the first quarter from Mount Burr and had more scoring opportunities, leading by five goals at quarter time.

Kalangadoo centre Jade Peacock continued to dominate her position in the second quarter to create multiple turnovers and feed goalies with precise passing.

Clark took numerous turnovers for Mount Burr, however the team found it difficult to penetrate the zone defence of Kalangadoo with the Magpies extended its lead to 10 by half time.

Kalangadoo made changes with Kori Collins and Sophie Wrightson coming on.

The team continued to create turnovers early in the third quarter and Mount Burr worked its way into the match, shooting with accuracy.

Duncan changed her game to a feeding role, meaning Peacock and Duncan fed Russell as a  focal point in the circle to shoot at 100% accuracy.

Mt Burr made changes with Clark moving to C, McKenzie Bevan to WD, Heidi Eldridge to GD and Laura Schultz coming off.

Ebony Clark worked hard to be a focal point in the circle, being fed well by Heidi Clark and Ava Muhovics at WA.

Duncan and Russell continued to combine well in the circle with  Peacock feeding well and also taking numerous intercepts through the centre court.

 The Kalangadoo zone defence troubled Mount Burr, allowing Magpie defenders to intercept for the goalies to capitalise on.

The match ended Kalangadoo 56 to Mount Burr 36.


Hatherleigh welcomed back Keston Green in her third game for the season, in a match up with Robe.

Robe turned over Hatherleigh’s first centre pass and capitalised on its own by going three-up early.

Hatherleigh took a while to settle into its new line up in the attacking end.

Maddie Pulmer helped her side with a few early turnovers in defence.

Robe’s Tori Gluyas and Sarah Laurie found plenty of space upfront which led both sides to enter the first break on 13 goals a piece.

Great defensive pressure from the home side led to errors for Robe as they moved the ball out of defence.

Accurate shooting by Green and Haines helped Hatherleigh get the jump and take the lead in the second.

An ankle injury to Sarah Broadhead midway  through the quarter brought Chelsea Galpin into the game at GK and Hatherleigh entered the main break with a 10-goal buffer, as both sides remained unchanged going into the third quarter.

Lacey Haines and Sarah Faulkner delivered the ball into Green with precision in the third quarter with Hatherleigh’s defensive pressure down the court allowing the home side to get the ball and continue to capitalise quickly.

Robe settled mid-way through and continued to push but neither side took the game by the horns.

The match finished Hatherleigh 62 to Robe 52.


Both teams started with different line ups than previous weeks due to injury and unavailability in Nangwarry’s match against Kongorong.

Nangwarry came out strong but struggled to capitalise at the start, giving Kongorong the jump on them after scoring the first three goals.

The Saints started to settle with Cassie  Dinnison and Ange Pratt in goals both positioning well.

Dinnison and Kylie Heaver were able  to feed Pratt with pinpoint accuracy to edge  Nangwarry to a quarter time lead.

Nangwarry continued its strong performance in the second quarter as Hayley Burner  and Hayley Vanderhorst combined well in  defence to make it hard for Kongorong’s shooters and feeders.

 The strong drive from Burner out of defence made it easier for the Nangwarry attack line.

Tori McIntyre had a strong presence for Kongorong, running well and having a good tussle with Nangwarry’s Ebony Lawson.

Chrystal Lock and Zara Von Stanke both worked hard for their teams to provide drive in and out of attack as the Saints went into the half time break 13 points ahead of Kongorong.

 Kongorong made a change in the third quarter, swapping defenders Georgia Bald to GD  Riley Buckingham to GK.

Tilah Buckingham at the other end lifted for her team to shoot at a high accuracy and positioned well with Ella McIntyre.

Burner continued her dominance by taking numerous intercepts before being forced to leave the field due to the blood rule.

Kongorong tried to come back with this opportunity, but Nangwarry continued to score their own centre passes.

In the last quarter, Burner left the court with an injury as Chrystal Lock moved into GD and Britt Dycer into WD  for Nangwarry with Kongorong moving its defenders back as a result.

Nangwarry continued to play its own game with Heaver dominant in attack and the Saints experience got the team over the line with the final score Nangwarry 64 to Kongorong 46.


Tantanoola started the match strong against Glencoe in wet conditions with the defensive combination of Tayla Rowe and Kate Bromley causing some early turnovers.

Down the other end of the court Glencoe’s defenders made the most of any rebound opportunities and WD Rebecca Edwards drove down court clearing the ball freely to attackers.

An even scuffle ended the quarter with Tantanoola up by one goal.

The Tigers came out firing in the second  quarter, lifting their intensity and defensive pressure.

Vic Lucas took control of the mid court  with her consistent play and accurate passing into goalies Jami Walker and Emma  Gould with the Tigers pulling away to enter half time up by seven points.

 Glencoe returned serve in the third quarter with the whole side lifting to stop Tantanoola in its tracks.

Strong defensive work and pressure by Sarah Edwards, Emily Thompson and Rebecca Edwards made it hard for the Tigers to break through and Glencoe closed the gap to just a couple goals within minutes.

Tantanoola’s saving grace in attack for the third term was Emma Gould who stood tall and shot with accuracy, missing just one goal for the quarter.

Glencoe closed the gap to four goals at the final break with Tantanoola leading 30-26.

 The Tigers knew a final quarter resposne was needed if it was to win and that’s  exactly what they did.

Sisters Vic and Alex Lucas worked in overdrive to block Glencoe’s Donna Jaeschke and Ashlea Edwards’ drive into attack, allowing Tantanoola’s Tayla Rowe to take risks at the ring.

Tantanoola transitioned the ball well into attack and Gould finished off with accuracy, shooting 10 for the quarter.

Tantanoola pulled away to end the match ahead by nine goals in a very up and down game by both sides.

The final score was Tantanoola 42 to Glencoe 33.

- Buying, renting or selling? Don't go past -