A permanent marker is set to be erected at the site of one of the earliest European buildings in the South East region.
The pioneering Hunter brothers were pastoralists and they built a rudimentary house at Kalangadoo in 1846.
Alick and James Hunter used their Kalangadoo homestead as the headquarters of their leased area of 60 square miles
Their dwelling has long gone but it remains front of mind with local historians such as Nick Hunt whose own family association with Kalangadoo dates back to the 1860s.
The Millicent-based South East Family History Group has paid for the sign which features a photograph of the Hunter buildings as they appeared in 1856.
The sign notes the traditional owners of the land for thousands of years were the Bungandidj Aboriginal peoples.
It will be unveiled at 2pm on September 11 on Kangaroo Flat Road.
The SEFHG has erected other historical markers at the site of the long-closed Sebastopol Primary School and at the colonial-era graves at Gran Gran, near Mount Burr.
It is also placing plaques on unmarked graves in the older section of the Millicent cemetery.