Toilet users at the Valley Lake precinct will have to hold on longer before upgrades are made to the ageing amenities.
It has been reported the planned upgrades will not go ahead due to a delay in the design process.
City Infrastructure general manager Barbara Cernovskis said due to the delay, the project was unable to meet the deadline of June 30.
As a result, the $490,000 Federal Government funded project has been withdrawn, despite investigating the possibility of an additional extension to the project timeframe.
In September last year an extension had already been granted to the construction period for Phase 1 and Phase 2 projects.
“Council investigated an additional extension and been advised the program delegate is not considering any additional extensions beyond June 30,” Ms Cernovskis said.
“The project is currently at development approval stage and the detailed designs are being finalised for the procurement process.”
However, funding dedicated to the project will be reallocated to other projects.
“The delegate will consider a new alternate project or reallocation of resources from within existing projects from council’s work program,” Ms Cernovskis said.
“Council officers have been liaising with the funding body to propose a reallocation of resources to be considered as a project variation.”
The public have been busting since August last year when council announced it had received funding as part of the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
“The program delegate has also confirmed the Valley Lakes public amenities project is eligible for Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Fund Phase 3,” Ms Cernovskis said.
Meanwhile, due to the withdrawal of the funding for the Valley Lake precinct, alternate projects have been proposed.
Proposed projects include various road reconstruction and intersection upgrades.
“The objective of the program is to support local councils to deliver priority local roads and community infrastructure construction projects,” Ms Cernovskis said.
Council had received a total of $486,995 in funding for Phase 1 and a further $1041,637 for Phase 2.
At a total cost of nearly $1m, with partial funding through the LRCI program, council has facilitated the replacement of its street lights.
LED lights were due to be delivered to SA Power Networks (SAPN) in early April with installation anticipated to be completed by the end of this financial year.
Ms Cernovskis reported an agreement with SAPN has been signed by council chief executive Sarah Philpott.
“We are awaiting SAPN to confirm a start date once they have procured the luminaires,” she said.
“SAPN will be undertaking the procurement and installation process, for efficiency of supply.
“Meaning council will only be invoiced for the exact number of lights that are installed.”