Ranger danger alert raised

Ranger danger alert raised

Inter v Blue Lake

Blue Lake came away with another win after heading to Casadio Park and defeating Inter on Anzac Day in Round 2 of the Barry Maney Premier League.

The first half was very competitive with both sides having time with the ball.

Both teams looked dangerous with the ball in attack but struggled to convert on shots.

Late in the first half Inter was looking deadly on the left wing as they had countless passages of play that gave them opportunities to score.

Inter did well getting the ball into the box but could not finish the job as they were stopped by Blue Lakes last line of defence over and over again.

At half time the score was level at 0-0.

In the second half the play continued to go each way as both sides looked like they were going to score soon.

The scoring drought was broken in the 56th minute when Blue Lakes’ Aimee Brooks took the lead for the Rangers as they now went up 1-0.

After Blue Lakes’ goal they had to lock in to hold off an Inter side that had been looking so close to score all night.

Blue Lake however were able to hold off Inter for the rest of the game to give them another win.

Blue Lake defeated Inter 1-0.

Naracoorte United v Gambier Centrals

Centrals picked up their first win of the season as they defeated Naracoorte on Sunday.

It was a tough battle at Naracoorte with both sides not being able to get a goal on the board with the score being 0-0 at the end of the first half.

The scoring began two minutes into the second half with a goal from Centrals’ Andi Corfield to put Centrals up 1-0.

United conceded another goal in the 46th minute with Centrals being awarded a penalty.

Kiah Connolly stepped up and slotted the penalty to put Gambier Centrals up 2-0.

Soon after in the 48th minute United responded with a goal of their own.

Sophie Hole made her way past Centrals’ goalie Emma Schembri and found the back of the net to cut Central’s lead to one goal.

After United’s goal Centrals locked in and played a great defensive oriented game to close out the win.

Gambier Centrals picked up the points with a 2-1 defeat over Naracoorte.

Millicent United v Apollo

Apollo picked up another win as they took on Millicent United at Millicent on Saturday.

The first half began slow with both sides not getting many chances at goal.

In the limited chances Apollo had in the first half they took hold of their opportunity.

Demi Ingley took command of the game with a goal in the 37th minute to give Apollo the lead.

At half-time Apollo was up 1-0.

In the second half both sides struggled to get good shots at goal.

Millicent was desperately trying to equalise with Apollo while Apollo were playing safe and trying to hold their one goal lead.

Millicent could not come up with a goal in the second half and fell short to Apollo’s defensive wall.

Apollo defeated Millicent United 1-0.

Why wait? Get more stories like this delivered straight to your inbox
Join our digital edition mailing list and stay up to date on the latest news, events and special announcements from across the Limestone Coast.

Your local real estate guide - every Thursday


You might also like